another huge savings -kind of

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

so, bought 8 tires today.4 for the leaf that were toast.The car has 28k miles.Total cost at discount tire out the door $299.99..

Also got new shoes for the wifes ford explorer 2012 limited,4wd.The car has 68k miles.Total cost 981.00 out the door.These tires were fairly good,but 1 got a nail in the sidewall that could not be fixed.So, $ new tires needed.There was probably 10-15k more miles left on them.

With the mile calculation the 2 cars come out about the same price.Although on this set on the leaf im going to over inflate all the time .Because the sidewalls are what were slicks .The center of the tires had a small amount of life left.

Does everyone else get low miles on there leaf tires?When I tested a tesla the lady told me the model s
is heavy and does eat tires .

My first set of LEAF tires lasted 24,000 miles, and I rotated them every 5,000 miles. They were inflated to about 36 pounds for the first 12-15,000 miles and then I increased it to about 42-43 pounds after I started to see edge wear.

The first set of tires on my Model S with 21" wheels lasted about 23,000 miles and I also rotated them every 5,000 miles and kept them inflated to 45 pounds...It's the inside edge on rear that wears more on these tires.

I replaced the LEAF tires with Ecopias and with the same rotation cycle and 45 pound inflation it looks like they could last longer...I'm at 12,000 miles now on these tires and they look good.

I had a pothole blow out one tire at about 4K miles. At 10K miles, the non-replaced tire was bald. Now at 11.5K miles, the bald tire is looking super bald, and the other side is bald. Rears are doing fine. These tires are crap IMHO so I am just waiting for Winter in August to replace with real winter tires and rock them all year like on my other cars.

I'm thrilled with my Michelin Energy Savers that came stock on the '13. 24,000 miles and they're not even half done. I drive it nice, and rotate every 10k (That's only twice so far). These tires are also stock on the '16 Volt that I'm going to buy next.

epic said:
Does everyone else get low miles on their LEAF tires?...
TaylorSFGuy put 93,000 miles on his.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14580&p=332274&hilit=+ecopia#p332274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
But he is a unique case.
Most have reported around 25,000 on the OEM Ecopias.
Mine are in poor shape at near 25,000 and very dangerous in wet weather.

Supposedly non-OEM are better.
I plan to buy Ecopias.

Higher pressure helps.
But I also plan to have camber adjusted.
Nissan spec is poor if set in the middle of the spec.
See my other posts for details.

Back