How many MY2011s still have 12 capacity bars?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

After about 80 days of no change in capacity this year, our LEAF's capacity started dropping again, so I expect it won't be long before we lose our first bar. But it got me thinking about how many MY2011s still have all their bars.

If you own a 2011 LEAF that still has all 12 capacity bars but does NOT have a new battery, please respond with the following information:

Date purchased:
Date manufactured: (From driver's door pillar)
AHr reading: (If you have it)
P3227 update date:
Days/week parked in sun:

Thanks!

I'll start:

Odometer: 24180 miles
Date purchased: 3/16/2012
Date manufactured: 6/2011
AHr reading: 54.40 AHr
P3227 update date: 5/29/2014
Days/week parked in sun: 0

Odometer: 35k
Date purchased: Bought used August 2014
Date manufactured: 5/11
AHr reading: 56.3
P3227 update date: No idea
Days/week parked in sun: 7

Well, ours is a MY2012 but everyone seems to lump '11/'12 together (MY '11 was NOT available in Chicago unless you bought a dealer demo that had the Cold Weather package; have seen a few '11's lately that have been trucked in on non-Nissan used car lots though); seems to be getting close on losing the first bar as it disappears after a few miles at an 80% charge but oddly seems to last much longer at 100% charge. Now that we've got much milder weather, average miles/kWh has increased from 3.9 to 4.7.

Odometer: 28100 miles
Date purchased: 12/23/2011 (new)
Date manufactured: (From driver's door pillar) 09/2011
AHr reading: (If you have it) NA
P3227 update date: 12/23/2013
Days/week parked in sun: 5 days (work commuter, outside lot = 5 days) and mine is an SL w/roof solar panel

RegGuheert said:
O.K. We have our answer: TWO! :D
At least three.
See the topic where one was bought in NC and transported to FL:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19307#p414286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2011 SL whole life in OK, from Nov 2011 right now 17271 miles and 4 owners
gppNA8e1CmQNBJxOgR0nVPdXnopa129-aR3XIOVw4E9L7Nlo7IFoplYbwfQVdC0BRWGOx3thq7ryoqszoZe_ZdThBVIaKHbVwmeDL89PsOM10TYRtqy415dsShb5iCN8qqPceKoOHMYAOw=s0-d-e1-ft

EdmondLeaf said:
2011 SL whole life in OK, from Nov 2011 right now 17271 miles and 4 owners
Is it yours now? I remember you had tried a CNG car after your LEAF was wrecked. Is that correct? Do you have the details requested in the OP?

Sorry no more info, info provided is from carfax, local dealer have this car. I may go and check battery health on it. I do not have Leaf now, but who know may buy this if price is what I would like to pay.

Mine just lost its 12th bar within the last 30 days:

LEAF #225 bought new in Seattle 1/2011
35K miles

Sorry I don't have the rest of the data; I don't have the car or LeafSpy handy right now..

My 2011 lost its first bar at 6771 miles. Ridiculous. But I am in Tucson. Now I lease a 2015. It will be interesting to see if the "Lizard pack" really makes a difference.

TimLee said:
RegGuheert said:
O.K. We have our answer: TWO! :D
At least three.
See the topic where one was bought in NC and transported to FL:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19307#p414286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That is ME :). Thx for the plug, Tim.

I would fill in the answers to the rest of the questions, but I have no idea what they are asking, other than parking locaton- in the sun 7 days per week, though may have seen some garage time during its 18 month lease time
Angel

Just noticed this thread - I don't visit that often:

Location - Santa Monica, CA
Odometer - a measly 4665. But then my other car ... wait, I don't have another car
Date Purchased - 10/14/11
Date Mfg - 7/11
AHr - 58.08
P3227 - 11/27/13
Days/wk in sun - 0

When I charge to 100% (at most once/wk) the Leafcan says 93.2 %

Jim K

A 2011 with very low miles being turned back in off lease in Cedar Park, TX with no missing capacity bars.

Has been on lease since 21 Jan 2012.
LEAF # 0870.

MrIanB said:
My 2011SL is going back to Town North Nissan Austin, Texas next week. It has all the bars and 10,700 miles. In perfect shape and barely driven.

Ian B

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16980&start=40#p425111" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Odometer: ~20,000
Date purchased:7/11
Date manufactured: (From driver's door pillar)5/11
AHr reading: (If you have it)
P3227 update date: 7/13
Days/week parked in sun: Since I’m from the PNW, I don’t understand this question (garaged :lol:)

Looks likely that quite a few 2013-15 LEAFs may still have 12 capacity bars after ~ four years.

I wonder if they'll have significantly greater actual battery capacity than the 2011's have now?

X-post below from:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19667&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
edatoakrun said:
I suggest, again, that anyone trying to monitor the actual battery capacity loss, of any LEAF from any MY, DO NOT rely on the LBC.

It is becoming clear that either there was a dramatic improvement in battery design ~with the 2013 MY, or (far more likely, IMO) the LBC was simply altered to report higher gids, and fewer capacity bar losses.

I wonder how long after (or before?) Andy Palmer was harangued by irate-gid-meter-wielding-LEAF-drivers in Phoenix in 2012, that the changes were made?

Given the performance noted below, You have to wonder if the Pessimistic Gauges, may now be overly optimistic...

Busy Wizzy Hits 100,000 Mile Landmark

The Nissan LEAF that sparked an electric taxi revolution in Cornwall has clocked up its 100,000th mile without losing a single bar of battery life*.

‘Wizzy' as it was named by St Austell-based operators C&C Taxis, hit the milestone in the course of more than 25,000 pure electric paying fares and having been rapid charged over 1,700 times.

The distance it's covered since entering service in July 2013 is equivalent to 100 round trips from the company's base in Cornwall to Glasgow, more than four times around the world or almost half the distance to the moon.

But, despite living the same punishing life as any modern day taxi, Wizzy retains near full battery health and, incredibly, is still on its first set of brake pads...
http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/uk/en-gb/Media/Media.aspx?mediaid=132843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19667&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back