Miles/KWH decreased after first battery check

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RottenMutt

I brought my 2013 in for its first battery check last month and immediately noticed much reduced regeneration. i reset the miles per KWH, before it was 4.1 now 3.9.

I think it is wrong to reprogram the computer in such a way that it would change the mpg-e data to save the battery. what do you guys and gals think?

I've observed that quick charging increases battery capacity, well as long as the battery is cool.

Did they also lower the air pressure in your tires? Did they make any notes as to any recalls that were done while they had the Leaf? They usually put that info on your paperwork.

keydiver said:
Did they also lower the air pressure in your tires?

I'd put the money on this. They love to lower it to the door recommended 36psi which in practice is too low. Go to 40-45 PSI for best wear and range! :)

I keep the tires at 36psi, any higher and the regen keeps shutting down during breaking because of bumpy roads. So more regeneration gives me better range then the decrease rolling resistance of the tires. They did do the passenger seat airbag pressure sensor flash.
The decreased regeneration is visible on my obd2 gauge.

Back