Carwings subscription extended for free email

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 5796

Just got this from nissan via email
Great news, Adspguy! Your CARWINGS1 subscription has been extended.

When you purchased your Nissan LEAF,® it included three years of complimentary CARWINGS—the innovative system that lets you communicate remotely with your car to check the charging status of your battery, set timers, turn on climate control, find local charging stations and more. To thank you for being among the first gas-free drivers, we've extended your subscription until further notice.

While we do anticipate CARWINGS being a paid subscription service in the future, you'll get at least 90 days' notice before your complimentary subscription expires.

We hope you're enjoying your 100% electric Nissan LEAF and that CARWINGS has become part of your daily driving routine. (And if you haven't tried it yet, download the app today for iPhone® or Android.™) If you have any questions about CARWINGS, please call us toll free at 1-877-NO-GAS-EV.

Keep Charging On!

So I got that going for me, at least until AT&T pulls the 2G plug :lol:

and the footnote:
1. Available for SV and SL models only. CARWINGS requires compatible 2G GSM/GPRS cellular network provided by AT&T. 2G cellular network not available in all areas and/or available at all times. Cellular technology is evolving, and changes to cellular networks provided by independent companies are not within Nissan's control. AT&T has announced that on December 31, 2016, AT&T will terminate 2G network availability. Like other devices that rely on 2G network coverage, once the 2G network is terminated, CARWINGS will not function unless equipment replacements, upgrades, or alternative 2G network coverage are available at that time, which Nissan cannot guarantee. Nissan not responsible for associated costs that may be required for continued CARWINGS operation due to cellular network termination (including equipment upgrades, if available, or roaming charges on alternative networks). Certain remote functions require compatible smartphone, not included with vehicle. CARWINGS subscription service requires owner consent to activate and may require purchase. See dealer for details. Standard text rates and/or data usage may apply to CARWINGS communications received by email or SMS/text message. Terms and conditions of Subscription Agreement apply.

9/17/2015 we took delivery of 2013 LEAF SL from Platt Auto. Car was leased and used in Portland OR for two years then sold to Platt Auto by Nissan.

I tried to get an ID and password to Carwings, but was asked to upload proof of purchase, so I did that on Saturday. Waiting until Monday-Friday to hear back from the Nissan Owners Portal website.
you have probably all seen this message:
"We’re Moving! On September 29th, the LEAF® Owner Portal is merging with the Nissan Owner portal, plus there’s a new name and app for CARWINGS®. Starting on September 29th, when you click the link for the LEAF Owner Portal, you will be taken to the Nissan Owner Portal, where you will see the new name for CARWINGS, NissanConnectSM EV. Log in with your current username and password and follow the prompts to complete the registration process, including selecting an email address as your username. Then you’ll be all set to manage your LEAF on the new site! The new NissanConnectSM EV smartphone app will be pushed out in early October if your phone is set for automatic updates, or you’ll receive a notification if it’s set for manual updates."

Back