kWh added while quick charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RottenMutt

I ran to turtle and then parked at a quick charger and ran the defroster until the battery cut out with four gids left.
Leaf charge 11/21/2014
Charge from 4 gid to 50 gid 5.6 kWh, 5.6 kWh
Charge frm 4 gid to 100 gid 9.8 kWh, 4.2 kWh
Charge from 4 gid to 150 gid 13.5 kWh, 3.7 kWh
Charge from 4 gid to 200 gid 17.5 kWh, 4.0 kWh
Charge from 4 gid to 220 gid 19.11kWh, 1.6 kWh
86 percent charge when charge finished.

By doing this my battery health has improved from 90% to 92.5%

Sorry, I don't quite get your point here - what did you do? You ran the car down fully then charged it up to 86%.... I get that part, what are we supposed to get out of the data points? Clearly I'm missing something here....

Slow1 said:
Sorry, I don't quite get your point here - what did you do? You ran the car down fully then charged it up to 86%.... I get that part, what are we supposed to get out of the data points? Clearly I'm missing something here....
first 50 Gids was 5.6 kWh, and the rest were 4kWh; there is more energy down low, about 25 capacity below 50 gids!
also doing this and a few quick charges increased battery health 2.5%, probably just do to battery re calibration but who knows
it is also nice to know how far you can go with a low battery state and just trying to put some number to it...

Gotcha, thanks. I just didn't see the progressions very clearly.

I wonder if this an artifact of how the numbers are determined - i.e. BMS is reporting based on voltages etc, perhaps the algorithm used is thrown off a bit as the battery is lower and relative voltage differences in cells becomes more significant?

Slow1 said:
...I wonder if this an artifact of how the numbers are determined - i.e. BMS is reporting based on voltages etc, perhaps the algorithm used is thrown off a bit as the battery is lower and relative voltage differences in cells becomes more significant?
This has long been my assumption when people talk about hidden range at the bottom of the pack.

Back