My first recharge (from 100 % to 8 %) performance

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PCIMPOTS

Went for 70 miles, in around 50F weather, mostly city drive, no eco mode, moderate heating.

Was expecting more (like 90 miles), what do you think ?

Can I expect, at first, an increase of battery performance following several recharges ?

Leaf 2015 SL brand new (Toronto, Canada).

PCIMPOTS said:
Went for 70 miles, in around 50F weather, mostly city drive, no eco mode, moderate heating.

Can I expect, at first, an increase of battery performance following several recharges ?

Won't see increased range after multiple recharges. Use ECO mode as it turns on the basic regenerative braking and using "B" mode helps significantly more with range. On mine, Carwings has been showing almost 20% of the monthly energy usage coming from regenerating. You are missing this bonus if not in ECO/B mode.

PCIMPOTS said:

Thats not bad, depending on driving style. But did you preheat the car before you left? I find that makes a big difference when its cold.

Keep speed on the Hwy to 90 KPH, use the seat heaters, instead of the cabin heat. At 50F you don't really need heat with seat and steering wheel heaters. Still possible to get close to 100 miles per charge even at 50F.

Back