Install Viper SmartStart GPS on Leaf to Replace CARWINGS?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyLeafyGreen

Does anyone think that could be possible to add Viper Smart Start GPS Module to the Nissan Leaf as an alternative to the CARWINGS App?

I ask because even Nissan warns that it cannot guarantee support for the CARWINGS app after AT&T ends its 2G Network support, that of which CARWINGS runs off of.

Knowing that the battery in the Leaf is different than conventional car batteries, what if I added a secondary battery mounted somewhere in the vehicle?

As long at the vehicle isn’t currently charging, does anything that it could be possible to start the vehicle using the Viper App if the alarm system was connected to the secondary battery?

I have already reached out to Viper but have still not heard a response.

If Viper is out the question, are there any other alternatives that are capable of doing the same tasks that both Viper & CARWINGS?

Does the Viper have any sort of CAN bus interface? If not, then for sure no. If it does, and software updates are possible, maybe? Does it have a cellular modem in it?

Open Vehicle Monitoring System (OVMS) is working on a port for the leaf, but it's probably about a year away from a full feature set.

Back