Normal or Abnormal Battery Condition?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSELeaf

I've had my leased 2014 LEAF SV for exactly 2 months now and I am looking for some feedback regarding the condition of my battery because to me it seems that the stats for it deviate significantly from other owners who have/had a relatively new 2014 LEAF at this stage. I got LeafSpy within the first week of getting the car.

8/17/14
Miles: 200
Max GIDS: 261
Hx: 92.21
SOH: 92%
Capacity: 61.27Ah
QC:5 L2:3

10/9/14
Miles: 2800
Max GIDS: 255
Hx:88.78
SOH: 88%
Capacity: 58.67Ah
QC: 13 L2: 50

Is the starting condition of the battery and the degradation over 2 months considered normal? I haven't yet noticed any real world range issues as I get between 4.5-5.5 miles/kWh. I checked on the side of the door and it appears the car was manufactured in April. I charge the car to ~80% 3 times a week.

Thanks

Please have a look at the following thread: 2013 Low Battery Capacity AHr Battery Degradation. It may have relevance to your initial reading, as the 2013s should be similar to your 2014.

OTOH, the drop of ~3AHr in two months is rather rapid unless you are in a hot climate, which you are not. I live about two hours' drive from you (West) and have seen only 0.5Ah drop in capacity in the past two months. Some here will argue that you cannot compare an older LEAF to a newer LEAF because degradation slows, but that has not been established. The chemistry of the battery has also been tweaked, but one would hope they didn't make degradation faster. In any case, your recent capacity measurement is below what I was measuring a year ago when our LEAF was two years old. Today, we are at 55.06Ah.

One thing seems sure: there is a wide range of AHr numbers coming from the 2013s, even for cars with similar range.

RegGuheert said:
One thing seems sure: there is a wide range of AHr numbers coming from the 2013s, even for cars with similar range.
Yep, the '11-12 LEAFs seem to be more consistent, especially once the P3227 update has been applied. Ah readings for 2013+ cars seem to be able to vary by 10%!

MSELeaf said:
I've had my leased 2014 LEAF SV for exactly 2 months now and I am looking for some feedback regarding the condition of my battery because to me it seems that the stats for it deviate significantly from other owners who have/had a relatively new 2014 LEAF at this stage. I got LeafSpy within the first week of getting the car.

8/17/14
Miles: 200
Max GIDS: 261
Hx: 92.21
SOH: 92%
Capacity: 61.27Ah
QC:5 L2:3

10/9/14
Miles: 2800
Max GIDS: 255
Hx:88.78
SOH: 88%
Capacity: 58.67Ah
QC: 13 L2: 50

Is the starting condition of the battery and the degradation over 2 months considered normal? I haven't yet noticed any real world range issues as I get between 4.5-5.5 miles/kWh. I checked on the side of the door and it appears the car was manufactured in April. I charge the car to ~80% 3 times a week.

Thanks

Did you get these readings after a couple of 100% charge cycles?

Back