Max kwh usable via CarWings?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apacheguy

Hi folks,

I recently had my pack die on me when I was less than 1/2 mile from my destination. It was not too big of a deal and I was easily able to get a AAA truck to tow me the short distance.

My question pertains to other owners who have had their packs go out. How many kW are normally reported for MY 2013 Leafs when the battery "dies"? I reviewed my CarWings data and found that I had consumed 19.6 kw and average 3.6 miles/kw (there was a fair bit of uphill driving). I began the trip with 100% SOC. ~11,000 miles on the odo.

Are my numbers in line with what other MY 2013 owners are seeing?

Thanks.

I'd suggest getting the LeafSpy app and an ELM327 OBDII bluetooth adapter for the car. Then you can get a real readout of the remaining kWh (and "gids") on the battery.

My 2013 gives me just over 21kWh on a full charge.

Yeah, I probably should do that, but I'm not planning on keeping the car beyond the lease and don't want to invest in another expensive gadget.

I'd be nice to know if the CarWings numbers are believable. And if not, why not?

Edit - well, it's not that expensive actually it seems. Maybe I'll go for that.

I paid $15 shipped for my ODBII scanner, and another $10 for Leaf Spy, not that expensive. I'm glad I got it, well worth it. I really like being able to see the tire pressure without using a gauge, and having an alternative to the GOM is really nice.

Back