Pre heating/cooling

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickdearing88

Hello everyone. I have a 2013 Leaf S that I've had about 45 days. I have about 1200 miles on it and so far absolutely love it! As Winter is fast approaching here in NE Ohio, I have a question about pre-heating (or pre-cooling) the cabin while still plugged in. I use a 240v TurboCord for my normal daily charging. I have been able to use the climate control while charging but I can't seem to when plugged in but once charging is complete. Am I missing something?

For example, I was near my dealership last Sunday (while they were closed). It was quite warm out and I was able to run the A/C while in the car charging. However, another morning I went out to my garage -- the car was still plugged in but had finished charging to 100%. I tried to turn on the A/C but I could only get the fan to run, not the A/C or heater.

Thanks!

Those of us who can use Carwings (not available to S drivers) get around that by using Carwings to remotely start the climate control. I'm not sure how you can do it, although I seem to remember a technique being posted a while back...

All grade levels including the S have timers for charging and climate control. The menu to set them in the S-grade is in the meter, controlled by the top two buttons of the four button set on the instrument panel left of the steering wheel. Set your expected time of departure in the climate control timer and the cabin should be pre-conditioned by then. After that time the A/C or heater will turn off. The owner's manual has the details.

Back