Utah drivers, what's your range?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsk42

What do you all get in Northern Utah? I'm looking to drive from Ogden, fill up at work in WVC, then again back home overnight. Mostly I-15 or 215 or 89. I don't HAVE to speed, either.

I probably will not drive it in the winter and instead give it to my wife to drive 5 miles to and from work.

What is your exact mileage to work ?

Is your charge at work reliable enough to count on every day ?

Work is in West Valley City, 36 miles, so I could find a place NEAR here and quick charge over lunch too is part of my thinking. Work should be reliable since it's a brand new building and they're very open and good to all employees. No one's tested it yet, but if it broke it would be fixed asap.

As long as your work option is a reliable charge point you should fine.

You are going to have a L2 charge station at home right? I would NOT try and do a long commute on 120 volt charging at home.

Correct. In addition, it's a 5 minuteddrive to the Nissan dealership that has 7 charging stations. I'll probably use that when out shopping.

Can any of you post your route/commute? Like I said, I'm just really trying to get an idea of what range I'd get going over mountains and up and down the valley. (specifically Ogden to West Valley City, but hey whatever you drive is helpful)

mattsk42 said:
Can any of you post your route/commute? Like I said, I'm just really trying to get an idea of what range I'd get going over mountains and up and down the valley. (specifically Ogden to West Valley City, but hey whatever you drive is helpful)
Most dealers will give you an extended test drive if you push them on it. Ask for the car for 24 hours and drive your actual route yourself with the LEAF.

Range is greatly affected by the driver and this test will remove that variable.

Back