Has timer accuracy improved yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DNAinaGoodWay

IIRC, the timers in the original model years were calibrated to the Japanese standard of 200V, and would end charge sessions earlier than a set end time, as we use 240V.

So, have they changed that yet? Are the models made in TN today coming with timers calibrated to 240V, and so ending closer to the set end time?

I had my timer set to 640.this morning I left early at 550 and when I got into the garage the car had finished charging. It had been that way for awhile too because no lights were on on the dash. When the car just finishes charging all 3 blue lights go on steady for quite some time. This morning, enough time had elapsed to have them be out almost an hour before it was programmed to stop charging.

I have a 2013 with 13k miles on it, just over a year since I got it. It was made in Tennessee, but may have been one of the earlier ones. It consistently finishes charging an hour to an hour and a half earlier than scheduled. The only exception to this is if there isn't much to charge (i.e. pack at 70%, only charging to 80%). Then it finishes pretty much on time.

I could be wrong am probably am because I am new to this, but it seems like with the 80% charge it is a bit fast, done in about 20% less time than the say it will take via the dash, but going to 100% charge it way over estimates it. I am thinking this might have something to do with the finishing or equalizing charge it does for the last 2 or 3%? It seems like it hits 97% and then it takes an hour to completely finish, still being done about 20 to 40 minutes early :)

I wish it was more accurate, but glad it is done early and not late.

Back