CarWings Route Planner?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYLEAF

I haven't been able to get the Route Planning feature on CarWings to work in many months. Can anyone else get it to work? I used to be able to go on there and see how many bars it would predict a certain route would use up, and I could see the same charging stations that show up on the car's GPS.

https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the login page for CarWings. After you login, click the link at the bottom that says something like "Launch CarWings". A new window will open, and after it loads (takes forever) you can click the Route Planning link. That takes you to a new page, where you have to click another link that says "Plan Route". That will open a third window, which, for me, loads an error message. That didn't happen in the past, but it has the last few times I've tried.

Well, I guess I should give the counter-point if everyone is going to slam it: I use the CW Route Planner occasionally and find it useful in predicting range AND sending destinations/routes to my Leaf (when I don't feel like using Leaf Link). It opens up in a separate web page and you might need to have your browser's "pop-up blocker" off when using it.

I've used it recently without any difficulty. My recommendation would be to try clearing your browser's cache or try using a different browser.

I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I'm on Mac OS X Mavericks, but it did the same thing on the last version of OS X as well. I have cleared my Cache, cookies, etc on all three browsers. The error message that I get is:

The request could not be understood by the server.

Your request for this page may have wrong parameter or be short.

The URL CarWings is taking me to when I click "Plan Route" is https://www.coor-energy.net/nissan/pc/RoutePlanner.htm?rest=&rstf=&hw=1&ev=1&lg=en_US&uid=ekirsch1&gid=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit weird, because my username for Carwings is just "ekirsch", not "ekirsch1". Not sure if that makes a difference?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Gave up on it long ago. Takes forever on a good day , but mostly crashes. It's run by random monkeys with typewriters.

+1. I tried to plan long distance trip on it. It took me 100 miles out of the way and said the 200 mile trip would take me 26 hours.

NYLEAF said:
https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/login

That's the login page for CarWings. After you login, click the link at the bottom that says something like "Launch CarWings". A new window will open, and after it loads (takes forever) you can click the Route Planning link. That takes you to a new page, where you have to click another link that says "Plan Route". That will open a third window, which, for me, loads an error message. That didn't happen in the past, but it has the last few times I've tried.

Wow, that works great for me. It doesn't have my favorite quick charger, so it keeps trying to add another even if I set the location as a waypoint, but still, pretty darn nice!

The is awesome when it works. Tired of using other online tools and getting it to my phone or the car is a pain. A lot of trip planning sites dont have up to date charger info especially DC quick charge.

NYLEAF said:
I used to be able to go on there and see how many bars it would predict a certain route would use up, and I could see the same charging stations that show up on the car's GPS.

I also really like this function, but it shows up with Japanese writing these days, and does generally take forever, and crashes too frequently to be of much use when one's inclination is to give up on it... I wish they would bring back the more reliable, more legible English version from around the 2013 time when I was first playing around with that feature embedded within the web based owner's portal.

Back