how to activate Carwings on my US Leaf in Europe?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard1979

I have imported a Nissan Leaf from USA to Norway. But Carwings and GPS does not work. How can I make it work herein Norway?

I don't know the answer but there was some discussion of this before at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=268809#p268809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=284270#p284270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

It'll be very interesting to see if a lot of off-lease and otherwise used US Leafs end up over in Norway...

Please have a look at this thread started by turbo2ltr: Telematics SIM Card
troubleshootmnl

Did you look at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=284409#p284409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? It was a few posts past the post I linked to earlier.

Richard1979 said:
Thx for the information. But I did not get information if I can have Carwings to work here in Norway..
CarWings won't be operable on an imported US LEAF.

Try to find out from Norwegian owners, which SIM card their telematics module was using. Should you be able to get hold of such a SIM card, Nissan might need to register the number associated with it to your vehicle. Perhaps the Norwegian forum cwerdna referenced above has a solution for this issue.

Another alternative is to purchase a replacement telematics module from a Nissan dealer in Norway, and have them install and register it. That will definitely work, but can be expensive. This is a known problem, as you can see from the threads below. Please use the search feature on the forum to find out more. This was discussed before at quite some length.

Import used 2011 Leaf from US to Canada
Abroad Carwings internet connection issues
How do I get CARWINGS to work on a US car in Europe?

Hi! We have just imported our 2013 US Leaf to the Netherlands. Now the relocation company is wondering how to actually charge it here. How did you solve this problem? It appears plugs here and power is different. We hope it won't mean we need big changes to the Leaf and just a new plug.

Any help is appreciated.

Joris

JorisE said:
Hi! We have just imported our 2013 US Leaf to the Netherlands. Now the relocation company is wondering how to actually charge it here. How did you solve this problem? It appears plugs here and power is different. We hope it won't mean we need big changes to the Leaf and just a new plug.

Any help is appreciated.

Joris

This should really be in a new thread.

But the US Leaf's EVSE that comes with the car can not handle the 220VAC you have without modification. The charger itself is in the car. The EVSE (plugs into the wall and then car) is just a fancy extension cord that provides safety features. It would be easiest to buy any EV charger meant for Europe that already has the 220VAC input.

Back