It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 am 

Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317
palmermd wrote:
I was having the issues last week during the outage like everyone else. Seemed to be fixed when y'all said it was but then yesterday it was again failing on both start charge and start climate.

+1. After working for 3 days for me, status update and starting CC remotely failed again for me this morning. :evil:

TT

Ocean Blue SL #1317 del. 4/1/11, now w/ over 51k miles.
1st capacity bar lost at 31,953 miles, after 26 months;
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles just before 33 months;
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles after 43 months.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 am 

Delivery Date: 31 Oct 2014
normal "Charging stopped" text message at 04:55 pst (80% endtime-only timer).

"Climate control on request failed" at 05:45 pst. CC request initiated via the LEAF Link app timer function (set to 05:45), but since the failure notification was text message from Carwings, I am assuming the request was sent successfully.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 am 

Delivery Date: 09 Oct 2012
Leaf Number: 3586
Didn't want to work for me this morning. I tried to do a manual charge, tried to get status, and tried to start climate control. All failed. I had to make an extra trip this morning, so I'll be on LBW or VLBW when I get home tonight. I really could have used that 100% charge today. It was in the 30's this morning, so a warm car would have really been nice too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 am 

Delivery Date: 20 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 6521
ttweed wrote:
palmermd wrote:
I was having the issues last week during the outage like everyone else. Seemed to be fixed when y'all said it was but then yesterday it was again failing on both start charge and start climate.

+1. After working for 3 days for me, status update and starting CC remotely failed again for me this morning. :evil:

TT

Agree, it's starting off just like last time -- a few days of intermittent problems which then led up to a complete outage. Hopefully Nissan can nip this episode in the bud and get a permanent fix installed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm 

Delivery Date: 23 Jun 2012
Leaf Number: 021881
worked just fine within the last hour

100 Mile Club-#57
http://ksnogas.blogspot.com/
Try reading a book, it's a novel experience
MY 2012 - Cayenne Red-30,000+ miles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 pm 

Delivery Date: 01 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1317
ksnogas2112 wrote:
worked just fine within the last hour

Yes, status just updated OK for me right now. Somebody must have rebooted something again. All in all, this is pretty marginal behavior for such an important corporate system so many people use. Hardly "enterprise" quality.

TT

Ocean Blue SL #1317 del. 4/1/11, now w/ over 51k miles.
1st capacity bar lost at 31,953 miles, after 26 months;
2nd bar lost at 38,685 miles just before 33 months;
3rd bar lost at 50,711 miles after 43 months.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:06 pm 

Leaf Number: 015404
This is Jonathan from Nissan.

Nissan and our vendors have been carefully monitoring CARWINGS performance as well as social media, forums and blogs and are aware of the intermittent connectivity issues that some customers have continued to experience this week. Due to the intermittent nature of the issues that these customers are experiencing and the localized impact of weather on cellular availability, we have decided to evaluate some vehicles directly via remote diagnostics to trace and determine specific cause. If you are experiencing recurring connectivity issues and would like to give us permission to use your vehicle specifically for remote testing, please contact our call center at 877-664-2738 or via live chat on the LEAF website today or Monday. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support as we work through these issues – this is the highest priority for our technical organization to address and resolve.

Best regards,
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:08 pm 
Gold Member

Delivery Date: 05 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0213
Mine has been great since the "Big Fix" (whatever that happened to be...and as an IT guy I'd still kinda like to know).

A bit longer to log into the app than I'd perhaps like, but super-snappy responses to given commands.

L1 EVSE upgrade.
FIAMM horns.
Superbright LED lighting.
2013 sun visors.
LED shifter.
Heated seats.
AV L2 EVSE (self-installed).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:57 am 
Forum Supporter

Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2012
Leaf Number: 008681
mwalsh wrote:
Mine has been great since the "Big Fix" (whatever that happened to be...and as an IT guy I'd still kinda like to know).

A bit longer to log into the app than I'd perhaps like, but super-snappy responses to given commands.

Same here. It's worked as well as it ever has in the 3 months I've had the car (oooh, I wish I could step into a time machine and give myself my 2011 LEAF back in 2011! Haha...).

But that in and of itself means that it's sub-par performance. The app's still slightly rough around the edges. A big, persistent, and "in the nature of the app" bug (so it should be observed by every other user as well) still persists. Multitasking kills this app. On most Android phones and the iPhone, they multitask by keeping background apps in memory unless the phone's resources are needed for other things. So when I've used the LEAF app recently, it'll show me a "good to go" app when I haven't done enough else on my phone to push LEAF out of memory. So when I go back to the app and it hasn't closed an hour or two later, it still thinks I'm logged in until I hit a button like "refresh" or "start CC". So if I fire up my phone and the LEAF app once, it loads with the proper "Nissan"... "Verifying user information"... "What do you want to do?" program flow. But if I then click off my phone, derp around for a few hours, maybe start playing some music on the phone throughout the day (I make full use of the LEAF's Bluetooth stereo!), then go back to the app, then not enough had been done yet to "clear" LEAF out of memory. LEAF opens back up to the same page I was at, and doesn't realize the login has timed out already. So I actually *have* to do something to trigger its "Session timed out, please login again" error.

Honestly, that ^ behavior should have been caught during beta testing in my opinion. :roll:

Additionally, the longest the whole request should take is the amount of time the app takes to "send request". Instead, it takes a few seconds to "send request" and then 10-30 seconds to actually get the job done. Those delays - the login timeout problem, the "sending request", and the time it takes to process the request, move the app out of "something I would subconsciously do as I'm considering leaving" into "well, I need to plan around this task and I'll just skip it if it's not important"... it really needs to respond quicker overall in my opinion.

Make it respond on the scale of quickness as in this commercial, and I will have no qualms: http://youtu.be/ZFrvxjjrdVo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:32 pm 

Delivery Date: 20 Jan 2012
Leaf Number: 6521
NissanLEAF wrote:
This is Jonathan from Nissan.

Nissan and our vendors have been carefully monitoring CARWINGS performance as well as social media, forums and blogs and are aware of the intermittent connectivity issues that some customers have continued to experience this week. Due to the intermittent nature of the issues that these customers are experiencing and the localized impact of weather on cellular availability, we have decided to evaluate some vehicles directly via remote diagnostics to trace and determine specific cause. If you are experiencing recurring connectivity issues and would like to give us permission to use your vehicle specifically for remote testing, please contact our call center at 877-664-2738 or via live chat on the LEAF website today or Monday. We sincerely appreciate your patience and support as we work through these issues – this is the highest priority for our technical organization to address and resolve.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Thanks for monitoring the situation. I've switched from setting the timer via the app the evening before, to turning on the heat when I first get up, and haven't had any more problems or communication failures since the 28th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next