Red warning lights and more

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WendyF70

Hi. new to the site but could not find this issue. As I was driving to work, a red exclamation mark flashed in the upper left hand corner where the tree image is and the car diagram flashed in the middle of the screen. It happened briefly and then disappeared. The car diagram did not have anything blocked out in color to indicate 'here's the problem area'. It first happened when I turned a corner and happened 3 or 4 times on my trip. I stopped to check my manual and car settings to see about tire pressure, etc. Not only that the large tree has disappeared and only two small trees remain on the right part of the circle. There is also a number 1 by my range which wasn't there before. Anyone know? I've parked the car and hoping by turning it off that the lights will reboot.

Sounds like the door open alarm. You get the icon and a diagram of the car showing which door is open. Perhaps a door was not fully closed and kept tripping the switch as you drove and turned corners?

The large tree disappears when it is complete and becomes a small tree off to the right. A new large tree begins "growing". The trees reset when you turn the car off and on.

WendyF70 said:
Hi. new to the site but could not find this issue. As I was driving to work, a red exclamation mark flashed in the upper left hand corner where the tree image is and the car diagram flashed in the middle of the screen. It happened briefly and then disappeared. The car diagram did not have anything blocked out in color to indicate 'here's the problem area'. It first happened when I turned a corner and happened 3 or 4 times on my trip. I stopped to check my manual and car settings to see about tire pressure, etc. Not only that the large tree has disappeared and only two small trees remain on the right part of the circle. There is also a number 1 by my range which wasn't there before. Anyone know? I've parked the car and hoping by turning it off that the lights will reboot.
More than likely, the warning was for a door slightly ajar, just enough to trigger the warning when turning. Since you didn't notice a door showing open on the diagram, I'd bet it was the rear hatch. Try opening and closing it.

The trees do that. When you complete a tree and start a new one, the big one disappears and a small one is added to the side.

Not sure about the one on the range. Maybe a photo?

Well it looks like the hatch was slightly open which I vaguely remember from yesterday. What a relief. After hearing other issues, at 14,500 miles, no major problems. I haven't had the problem with weight in the passenger seat and no seatbelt. My only problems are with the tires (and no spare because of weight). Thanks for the responses. I'll be reading this forum from now on.

this happened to me early on. the hatch can be closed enough that you think it's shut all the way only to find that when you go over a bump, the open door detector flashes on but only for a second... a little freaky when you don't expect to see it and the car is brand new, first time EV.

My hatch was slightly ajar once, but there were no warning lights. There was no rattle or any noise from the hatch. What would happen is that every time I stopped and then accelerated past 15 MPH, the auto door lock would occur. I was ready to take it to the dealership when I noticed the hatch.

sorry to reply to an old thread, but I have same issue, car has small accident and since then rear door image displays that is open when is fully closed, someone knows which is the rear door sensor? to see if there is a way to disconnect it or jumper it... I see all sensors on the back and all seems to be OK...
thanks..

Back