azdre wrote:Let's see if I can answer all of your questions:
* We always charge to 100% (we drive it a lot, 17,000 miles in 14 months of driving).
* We do 'top it off' a lot. That's the one item we got 4/5 stars on the battery check in March 2012.
* The car sat at 100% for a month in May, 2011, not plugged in.
* It's almost always garaged or in covered parking.
* We get the low battery warning about once a month.
* Never turtled. Been meaning to try this out though.
* We've QC'd 2-3 times this spring.
* There's been no error messages (aside from the A/C fiasco last summer, please don't make me relive that one.)
* My husband is a nut about keeping the tire pressure monitored and consistant.
* I'll pull the carwings data and add it to here tonight.
I'm thinking I should take it in to the dealer for some documentation even if they turn me away initially.
Yes, I would, in your situation.
I don't intend to be critical, but given your location, if heat and time spent at 100% charge are
the greatest variables in loss of capacity, Your 12th bar, could perhaps, be just be the first "canary" to stop signing.
Please report back, when you find out more, about how much range and kWh capacity that bar corresponds to.