Climate Control on 120V

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taxidan

I couldn't find any threads on this:

When Im on my L2 charger, the climate control preheats the car just fine. But plugged into a 120 it seems like the car never gets warm at all. More concerning, it looks like the cc is actually using charge from the battery. After a half-hour of preheat (turned on from my smart phone) the range estimate is several miles less than before the cc was turned on. And the blower appears to be on "low", while the interior of the car hasn't warmed up at all.

Anyone else noticing this?

Yes, you are correct. I believe that if you do a search you will find that L1 charge can't provide enough power for both preheat and charging. You need L2 for that.

When you are charging with a trickly 120 and turn on the climate control remotely it will stop charging and only do the cc. I dont notice any change in my milage. The CC is drawing from the 120. I defrost my iced windows almost daily like this. Takes maybe 5 minutes to get the ice offf.

Back