Voltage on the 12V battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raza

I am curious to find out what is the voltage on the 12Volt battery on the cold start.

So, after being driven in the morning to work, I went back to my Leaf after 8 hours and checked the voltage via cigarette lighter and it read 11.6 volts. I am wondering what others are getting? I have had the Leaf for less than 3 weeks.

Thanks!

Raza
Maryland, USA

That battery is very near empty. If you have a volt meter, double check the voltage at the battery itself.

Healthy 12v battery should be 12.5v+ at rest when charged. What's it read when the car is on?

I agree that the battery is near empty. You need to run your car a bit or connect to an external charger.

When I received my Leaf on Dec 18 I spent the week installing my Ham radio and the Livitron charger. The next week I had a full blown cold so the Leaf sat. On Saturday I felt better and I met a friend for lunch. When I looked at the dash I had a red triangle and a battery warning.

My theory is that the 12V battery is barely charged upon receipt of the car and unless you drive a lot when you get the car, then the battery needs to be externally charged.

drees said:
That battery is very near empty. If you have a volt meter, double check the voltage at the battery itself.

Healthy 12v battery should be 12.5v+ at rest when charged. What's it read when the car is on?

A quality volt meter.

Back