Climate control on request failed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryjpowell

I was able to start the climate on remotely with the android app and online for 2 weeks. I just setup the climate timer for my am commute and the last couple times I've been out and tried to start the climate control from the app or online I get a "Climate control on request failed"

I haven't tried to turn off the timer and try again, but are these two connected? Is it just a car wings thing??

Thanks

i've been having issues as well and I see complaints on the local FB page so i called carwings this AM. they are not aware of a system wide issue. if you car vin is under 5,000 and you have not had a TCU update, you need one, the original software had a known glitch. this time they did a DCMI update to see if thats helps, i'll report back on the results

Remember, the car is highly dependent upon cellular (data) coverage. For example AT&T coverage is poor at my house, and there are times when I'll miss a "charging stopped" message (or somesuch) and I know it's NOT CarWings fault (because my own phone won't get coverage).

Hi, new to forum but I just wanted to say that I was having the same problem this morning using the iPhone App. In the past, I have received the "there was a problem connecting to the server" message every now and then but last night and this morning was the first time that I would get it two or three times in a row before it would update. Also, the climate timer has worked flawlessly until this morning. Several manual attempts resulted in the above error message. I finally gave up. My VIN is also above 5000, not below (6xxx).

I just tried updating status twice in the last 30 minutes and so far it seems to be back to normal. Carwings issue?

@GaslessInSeattle - Maybe when you called them, they decided to look into it, found a problem and fixed it?

@Stanton - That is not my case. Both of our iPhones (AT&T) get full signal in our house, even in the garage (it was a big shock for me since everywhere else I've ever lived had crappy cell signal).

Mine failed many times over the last several days and then appeared to basically not work at all. After the DCMI update that Carwings did on their end it started working again within minutes, even though they said it might take 24-48hours. I think some glitch occurred that they are unaware of. I recommend that folks call carwings and give it a shot, it does not require redoing the password (thankfully).

scramjett said:
Hi, new to forum but I just wanted to say that I was having the same problem this morning using the iPhone App. In the past, I have received the "there was a problem connecting to the server" message every now and then but last night and this morning was the first time that I would get it two or three times in a row before it would update. Also, the climate timer has worked flawlessly until this morning. Several manual attempts resulted in the above error message. I finally gave up. My VIN is also above 5000, not below (6xxx).

I just tried updating status twice in the last 30 minutes and so far it seems to be back to normal. Carwings issue?

@GaslessInSeattle - Maybe when you called them, they decided to look into it, found a problem and fixed it?

@Stanton - That is not my case. Both of our iPhones (AT&T) get full signal in our house, even in the garage (it was a big shock for me since everywhere else I've ever lived had crappy cell signal).

Back