Charge Timer set to 80% Charge - But LEAF Charged to 100%

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimLee

Charge timer set to 80% charge, 12:00 midnight start, 12:00 midnight end, so will start charging when plugged in.
Activated Blink EVSE with Blink RFID card, plugged in, LEAF started charging.
Monitored charge couple times from web, and when charge showed 75% activated LEAF pre-heating from web.
Checked charge status later, and discovered LEAF had charged to 100%.
Has anyone encountered the LEAF charge timer failing to stop charging when set to 80%, and instead charging to 100%?

The LEAF timer prioritization is to achieve Charging Timer requirements before Preheating Timer requirements.
But the Preheating was initiated from the web, rather than the Leaf preheating timer.
So its a bit hard to understand why that web command resulted in it charging past 80%?

That is the way it works.

If you are at 80% charge and remotely start the climate control, the charge will resume and end when you unplug or the charge reaches 100%.

Bill

It seems that running the climate control automatically turns on the charger, regardless of charge timer or percentage settings. I think the idea behind this was to make sure the climate control has enough power to operate without eating up energy from the battery. So it activates the charger to recover the energy it's drawing. The side effect is that once it approaches the setpoint temperature and power draw is reduced, the power coming in exceeds the power draw resulting in it continuing to charge until it reaches 100% or is unplugged. That's just one of the quirks of the LEAF ;)

Latest posts

Back