Not charging - Blue lights all blinking in order

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnNobleTechGuy

Symptoms:

120v plugged in with included charger - Green "ready" light iluminated, No fault light ilimunated, No charging light iluminated.

When plugging in the big car plug, it beeps once, you hear some internal clicking, then it beeps twice.

This all seems exactly normal like every other time i have charged. Here is where it gets weird...

The 3 blue lights on the dash are all flashing, one after another in order. One blinks, two blinks, then the third blinks, then starts over.

Tried unplugging every thing and plugging back in - exact same happens.

Tried forcing a charge from my mobile app, still does not charge.

Very weird. Nothing in the manual about it. Please reply if you have experienced the exact same as above...

Did you press the timer override button? Those blinking lights are telling you that the timer (on the car) is on.

When you press the override button, the center blue light will stay lit.

Requesting charge from the Mobile app should have started the charge. Maybe the request did not go through.

Otherwise +1 on the timer suggestions.

Bingo! You guys nailed it. Charge override button fixed it.

After fiddling arroung with the charge timer, turns out that the charge timer was turned on. Turned that funny business off and should not have this problem again. Thank you for the support.

JohnNobleTechGuy said:
Bingo! You guys nailed it. Charge override button fixed it.

After fiddling arroung with the charge timer, turns out that the charge timer was turned on. Turned that funny business off and should not have this problem again. Thank you for the support.
Good that you got that sorted out.

But note. If you want the charge to automatically stop at 80%, you must use a timer. Easy - set the timer start and end time the same for all days and for 80%. For example, start at 1 AM and end at 1 AM. Then whenever you plug in, the charge will start regardless of the current time, and will terminate at 80%. When you do want a 100% charge, just press the override button.

Bill

Had the same heart stopping problem...This info was was very usefull to start charging my new used leaf...but only after the paramedics left :) :mrgreen:

JohnNobleTechGuy said:
The 3 blue lights on the dash are all flashing, one after another in order. One blinks, two blinks, then the third blinks, then starts over. ...
Nothing in the manual about it. ...

It's covered and illustrated in the Charging section of the owners' manual

Latest posts

Back