Stuck!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

An unusual early October downpour saturated the newly turned soil that my Leaf was parked on, and my plan for a quick trip and then parking on the street (while the mud would be turned into a permeable driveway) turned into a call for help! My Leaf's drive wheels quickly dug a hole almost to the running board.

Good news--AAA was easily able to pull me out. Cleaning the outside was pretty easy, but the little bit of mud that got tracked to the inside made me dislike the off-white interior even more.

Do you have any photos of when you went off-roading in your Leaf?! :lol:

Should have taken a photo! 20/20 aftersight!

I think i got too deep too quick, but I didn't read about rocking it as an option until I was hopelessly stuck. It was striking how quickly I went to zero traction...one time it would have been nice to have 4WD, or rear wheel drive! I think the car only has stability control, not traction. If it does have traction control, it made no difference.

I'm sure there is an angle here about Leaf+electric, but it could have happened to any car. The one connection is that we've finally decided to make a proper driveway since we need to park the Leaf there to charge, while in the past our cars could be on the street. And we are making the driveway permeable, which is good for groundwater.

Back