Rolling forward while in reverse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

The other day I was getting ready to leave a parking lot that sloped forward. The lights were on on the dash, the car was in reverse and I released the parking brake. When I took my foot off the foot brake the car began to roll forward toward a tree instead of going backward. I repeated the sequence, with my foot on the brake and made sure I had it in reverse but the same thing happened, bringing me even closer to the tree. I barely got the brake back on in time. Then I realized -- I wasn't driving the Leaf! It was my ICE car and I hadn't turned the key to turn on the engine, only to Accessory. I was used to the silence since the Leaf is my main car and this was my wife's regular car. I hadn't realized that it wasn't on. This is a hazard I hadn't anticipated. The Leaf has habituated me to a certain rote sequence that doesn't work in my second car.

That's about as bad as me "laying rubber" in my parking garage: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :oops:

Back