Backup Camera Showing Rear Bumper

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akohekohe

My backup camera used to show hardly and of the rear bumper but now the bumper takes up about 1/4 of the screen. I've looked at the camera and there are no signs that it was bumped. It still works but this is annoying. Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions for fixing it?

There is an adjustment screen if you access the diagnostics, but I would have the dealer check it out. I know that on this site somewhere there are instructions to do it yourself though, so if you want to search them out it might fix it. Sorry I don't know exactly where.

Caracalover said:
There is an adjustment screen if you access the diagnostics, but I would have the dealer check it out. I know that on this site somewhere there are instructions to do it yourself though, so if you want to search them out it might fix it. Sorry I don't know exactly where.

I looked in my service manual and it looks like the adjustment is for the distance and predictive steering lines not for the the picture. My guess is that the camera mounting itself has moved. As stated above, should be a warranty issue.

Cheers!

akohekohe said:
My backup camera used to show hardly and of the rear bumper but now the bumper takes up about 1/4 of the screen. I've looked at the camera and there are no signs that it was bumped. It still works but this is annoying. Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions for fixing it?
Could you post some pictures of the backup screen? The bumper does show quite a bit, so I'm wondering if maybe the hatch wasn't closed all the way the first time you noticed the bumper location...

Did you figure out what had changed or what could be done about the back up camera? Mine is doing the same thing now and I don't thing it was doing that before.

Here is what mine looks like, the bumper takes up around 20% of the lower screen and extends just to where the red distance markers start. I that what you are seeing?

IMG_1747.jpg

Ditto. The last red marker should be about a foot out from the bumper edge so that is the reference for whether or not everything is lined up correctly.

mwalsh said:
MrFish said:
Here is what mine looks like, the bumper takes up around 20% of the lower screen and extends just to where the red distance markers start.

That's the way mine looks.

Here's mine. It looks pretty much like the one pictured above, though I'd say that the bumper takes up between 25% and 30% of the screen. I can't say that it's changed any since new, and I suspect that the OP may be mis-remembering his as-new condition. :?

img1912n.jpg

Thanks for the picture and others letting us know what they see. That's what mine looks like...I live in WA and we had sun today so I guess I'm not use to seeing the sun reflected off the bumper ;)!!!

Back