I-Key System Fault

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffee_Slurry

Today I went to start the car and got "I-Key System Fault" on the dash display.

As far as I can tell, the car seems to run fine, and all i-key functions continue to work. Remote door lock/unlock, Drive/Reverse/Park, etc.

It pops up the "I-Key System Fault" on every startup and shutdown.
I tried both keys, same result.

Any ideas?

I did try the proximity key power on p5-10, but no change. Seems like the battery is fine. There is just some stuck message about "I-Key System Fault".

The i-Key is the RFID, which is different than the lock unlock buttons.

The car still starts and runs properly?

Probably encountered a one time error, and won't clear the fault until it meets a dealer, or you drive a certain distance. Maybe pull the 12 volt and see if it resets the error codes?

Jeep computers used to do that all the time over the gas cap.

I would test both keys independently of the vehicle. It could still be a battery issue.

Does Nissan/Infiniti have any other vehicles with the same keyless start? I don't know what else you own, but maybe it's some RF (radio-frequency) interference?

Both keys worked fine before, and indeed continue to "work" fine. The only oddity is this persistent warning at every startup and shutdown.

Very strange.

I did try both keys, one at a time, and with the proximity ring for power. All normal.

It's like there was once a system fault, and now the car will remember it forever.

I also tried the 12v-disconnect/reboot idea, just to see.
All that accomplished was resetting my clock to 12:00 and putting back the Leaf startup sound. :)

It did not clear the I-Key System Fault.

It appears I'm in for a CONSULTation with Mossy Nissan.

And just like it appeared, it vanished!

No more "I-Key System Fault" displayed on startup and shutdown.

In unrelated news: Carwings control (remote polling via web page) stopped working.

Think twice before you disconnect that 12v battery, folks.. it appears to have knocked my telematics offline.

Did you figure it out?? I have the same issues I have it at the Nissan dealership and they replace the12volt battery
but I-KEY SYSTEM FAULT still showing up randomly... :(

Back