Difference in speed btwn Driver & Passenger Power Window?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbonez

Anyone else notice a difference in speed between the driver's and the passenger's power window? My driver's side window goes down (from full 'up') a full second faster than my front passenger window when pushing both controls on the driver's side simultaneously.

Thought it was a 'feature' - but the more I deal with it, the more I'm annoyed by it..so thought I'd ask if others are experiencing the same.

-Mike

sdbonez said:
Anyone else notice a difference in speed between the driver's and the passenger's power window? My driver's side window goes down (from full 'up') a full second faster than my front passenger window when pushing both controls on the driver's side simultaneously.

Thought it was a 'feature' - but the more I deal with it, the more I'm annoyed by it..so thought I'd ask if others are experiencing the same.

-Mike

This way, you get the cool air faster than your passenger. And in reality, it's all about the driver, so who cares!!! :lol:

(actually, I noticed a small difference just yesterday when going UP....now I have to check the going down part.)

Jimmydreams said:
This way, you get the cool air faster than your passenger. And in reality, it's all about the driver, so who cares!!! :lol:

(actually, I noticed a small difference just yesterday when going UP....now I have to check the going down part.)

hah :lol: yeah, I probably have the going up difference as well... I just can't remember other cars ever being like this so it makes me wonder whether I have a bad motor, that's all.

sdbonez said:
I just can't remember other cars ever being like this so it makes me wonder whether I have a bad motor, that's all.

My 2000 Honda GX's driver's side window always went up and down much faster than the passenger's. Maybe the motor was starting to go.

I believe it's due to the auto up/down feature on the drivers window and the motor load sensing design. My 2006 civic does the same thing.

rolled windows up as I got home (and tested a few time) - now, same speed on the down... slower speed on the up (again, passenger window slower by a second).

So not the auto, and not my tint either (was doing the same thing pre-tint)...

sdbonez said:

-Mike
I'm sorry - but this is just too good to pass on. THIS belongs in the, "Most Obscure Facts" thread ... so I'm posting a link ! Nice find sdbonez!

Back