I-Key System Fault

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrovetom

My Leaf ran out of charge and was towed home. I charged it and it refuses to go into Reverse or Drive and reports an "I-Key System Fault". Has anyone seen this and know of a solution. I tried both my electronic keys but neither makes a difference.

thanks

pgrovetom said:
My Leaf ran out of charge and was towed home. I charged it and it refuses to go into Reverse or Drive and reports an "I-Key System Fault". Has anyone seen this and know of a solution. I tried both my electronic keys but neither makes a difference.

thanks

Try a reboot? Disconnect the 12V battery NEG terminal for a few minutes. Reconnect it and see what happens.

oh almost forgot. i also had an indicator on. it looked like a car with an exclamation point or something. it was on Sunday. but forgot about it. and its gone now.

but its "EV system warning light" so what went wrong?

pgrovetom said:
Does the Valet key work? Have you tried the "I-Key discharged" starting procedure on p. 5-10 of the owner's manual?

Other than that, I would try Jimmydreams reset idea, check for a blown fuse according to the procedures on p. 8-16, then call the dealer.

HTH,
TT

Back