What does it mean if my dealer has a Vin # for my Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjssd

My dealer has a vin # for my Leaf. Does this mean that the car has arrived at Long Beach? Or does it mean that it has merely been scheduled for production or has been made and is still at Oppama

Dealers get invoiced on the cars 2-3 days prior to its arrival. The Vin # becomes available a good month before the car arrives. If the VIN is posted in the dealer's inventory, it should arrive within that 3 days period.

CampbellNelson The dealer received the Vin number in his dealer system over the weekend. Does that mean the car is at Long Beach or still at Oppama?

Ask your dealer if he is seeing the VIN online, or has been invoiced. They get the invoice (with a VIN) 3-4 days ahead of delivery to the dealership, as stated above.
stanley said:
CampbellNelson The dealer received the Vin number in his dealer system over the weekend. Does that mean the car is at Long Beach or still at Oppama?

Rake, The dealer is only seeing it on its line system. No delivery information is available.

I think it just means your car has been built.

The dealer can probably tell a little more by digging in their online system.
They need to understand the codes in the database to be able to get some idea where it is located.
For instance they can probably tell if it is on a boat, or in port, and with an ETA when it is supposed to get to the dealership.

Back