Leaf colour touch up paint

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olivermickocall

Hi I have a 2018 Leaf with the color deep red NAJG but can not find any color with that reference. I can find Magnetic Red NAJ, has anyone any idea about this. when you look up the color that the 2018 edition comes in it gives the color as Scarlet Ember NBL??????
someone please help. what does the extra G mean please? the paint is not metallic.....

There is really only 'red' for a 2018 Leaf so I don't think you can get the wrong one, regardless of what the manufacturer or aftermarket seller names the color.

Auto paint does have a base coat with a clear coat over it and if you are just doing touch-up paint, it will be all together so the paint will not be a perfect match to the original. That said, I've had very good experiences with aftermarket touch up paint and if properly applied you should get good results. If there is a large area to be repainted then it's probably best to have a paint shop do it.

olivermickocall said:
Hi I have a 2018 Leaf with the color deep red NAJG but can not find any color with that reference. I can find Magnetic Red NAJ, has anyone any idea about this. when you look up the color that the 2018 edition comes in it gives the color as Scarlet Ember NBL??????
someone please help. what does the extra G mean please? the paint is not metallic.....

(Edit: a quick search shows Magnetic Red (NAJ) as a LEAF color in the UK, so your location and the car's country of origin may be relevant here)

I've had good luck with paintscratch.com over the years. They seem to have a pretty good color database. They show the code as NBL also (cayenne red used by various Nissan models). They show a Nissan NAJ code as "Medium Red" for the Juke. They don't return any results for Nissan color code NAJG.

What is your location?

Back