Leaf side mirror problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cober

Hi everyone!
I had annoying problem on my leaf. Side mirror was working bad - not folding properly - it folded with noise and even stuck in a half fold position.
Yesterday I finally fixed this problem. You should lubricate it but only in one certain place. I made a video to help other Leaf owners.

https://youtu.be/EL6YXHAqEPs

I had the same problem, it was creaking when I first got my 2014 Leaf about 2,5 years ago.
But last few days it started to stop moving halfway throught the movement.
So I looked at this video and thought it would be an easy fix.
Well it was, even easier than the video shows.
The left mirror popped of within 10 seconds after applying some pressure on the bottom left corner, all clips are still in great condition.
I lubricated the left side (worst side), tested and popped the mirror back on, only to find out you could reach the same place with the pipe from the WD40 spraycan without removing the mirror and risking it breaking.
Did the right side without removing the mirror.
So you could do this easily every 6 months or every year within a minute on both sides.
They are moving great again.
Watch the video to see the right location behind the mirror, then look at your car mirror with a flashlight and you can see the area where the tube needs to go into. Next time you know where to put the tube, easy.

I suggest a silicone based lube with a similar spray tube, because WD-40 will eat plastic eventually - sometimes sooner rather than later. It is a solvent meant to loosen rusted bolts, not a plastic-friendly lubricant.

Back