Pro-pilot assist disengages always within 5 to 10 of driving

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benaz

Took delivery of a new sv plus with the tech package. Everything is great with the car except pro pilot assist.

After engaging it the car behaves as expected. Then after a few minutes a warning displays and the pro pilot assist shuts down.

The message alternates between
Malfunction see owners manual
And
Not available system malfunction

I've cleaned the windshield behind the rearview mirror. Any other suggestions to try before I spend a day taking it to a Nissan dealer?

That definitely isn't normal, and the car is essentially telling you that. It needs to be checked by a Leaf Tech - a good one. I get the "Not available - bad weather" PP shutoff message a lot, but it is actually raining when it happens (although not always raining hard).

Thanks. Yes, in my Subaru w/eyesight I get that too when it is raining or driving into sunrise or sunset. None of those conditions were present with the leaf.

I'll make a appt then.

My pro pilot kept disengaging a few weeks after I got the car. Dealership replaced a module and I am now 15k pro pilot trouble free and I use it every day

Back