No communication from car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't charge last night (so no emails expected) but was able to go in just now and refresh my owners portal status successfully....

I can't get "refresh" to work at the moment ... has been stuck with the rotating icon for more than 5 minutes ... even after logging out and back in. Normally ... has happened a few times ... I would get an "update failed" pop-up and an email notify to that effect. But at the moment ... basically just "stuck" in a way that's never happened before.

(Car is plugged in at home waiting for timed charging to start at 20:10.)

Anyone else ?

LEAFer said:
I can't get "refresh" to work at the moment ... has been stuck with the rotating icon for more than 5 minutes ... even after logging out and back in.?
Same here.

It finally came back ... with the (previously seen) error message; took more than 9 minutes.
vehicle status: request failed

Your request to update vehicle status timed out communicating to the vehicle. Please try your request again. Also ensure your vehicle is located in an area with cellular reception and it has been driven with the last 14 days.

Edit: Trying again as of 18:59. Seems stuck again ...

Edit: At 19:05 got same "failed" message. However, no email notifies yet.

Wednesday morning, multiple failures. No charge messages, so I wasn't sure that the car had charged. Never even got the login boxes on the Nissan Owner's Portal when I tried to check on the car.

When I got out to the car, the AV EVSE fault light was on. Unplugged and replugged, and the car began to charge. Turned the car on, and it showed normal 80% charge, so I got out and unplugged again. Drove out the gate and saw that the red master caution triangle was lit. Looked around, and the Drive Fault (little car with exclamation point in it) was lit. Turned car off and back on, and everything was fine.

No idea what is happening with Owner's Portal and Carwings, but it looks like my car faulted during morning preheat. It was still cold when I got in. But it was fully charged, and that is all that really matters!

-Karl

07:31am PST now. I can login and hit the "refresh" button, but it's "stuck". Also ... I am pretty sure the car finished charging to 100% overnight (have not yet verified that), but I did not get the expected notification. Also, none of the multiple failures last night resulted in the expected "failed" notification.

mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
Status Update worked again when I tried at 11:25am PST.

Was also able to update @ 1:05pm, and got a "Status Update" email. Did not get any "Status Request Failed" emails for this morning's failed tries though.
Did you charge overnight and get "Charge Complete" or "Charging Stopped" ?

mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
Did you charge overnight and get "Charge Complete" or "Charging Stopped" ?
Yes, charged overnight. Did not getting any notifications, email or text. Had to go out to the car this morning and turn it on to make sure charging had taken place.
Yup ... same here.

Has anyone ever gotten any charge notices? I get TXT and email for "status update", but none of the other notices work at all. I just got my LEAF this past wednesday, and i've never gotten any other notice other than status update.

Thanks.

Last few days I have NOT received any "Charge Stopped" or "Charge Complete" notices. Have not had time to investigate. Could be a Nissan server issue. I have complained to Nissan about receiving MULTIPLEs of those messages until recently (and inconsistently); they could be trying to fix something.

Anyone else missing those notifications recently ?

LEAFer said:
Anyone else missing those notifications recently ?
Hmm... I just turned on email notifications when Mikiko is fully charged on Thursday and received them that evening, Friday evening, and Saturday evening... I'm not doing the text notifications because it's kinda jarring at 2:30am! :D

Updates are failing for me at the moment. Could be an AT&T weak signal issue, so it would not affect a lot of other owners, if any. Naturally (if this is the cause and has been going on a few days) it would also explain why I have not received the other expected regular notifications in past few days.

Updates are back !

We charge everyday.
Previous last "Charging Complete" was at 01:17 on the morning of 04/07.
Then "Vehicle Status Request Failed" that evening (4/7 22:35), and again 4/10, and three more times today this morning. No other "Charging Complete" or "Charging Stopped" (as would have been expected) since 4/7 until this evening. So almost 5 days without the "CC" (or "CS").

Back