Wet floor boards on '13

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingnuts

While changing the floor mats from the winter to summer ones, I noticed that the passenger floor boards were wet. I vacuumed the water out and today I see it is wet again. It is garage kept overnight to charge.
I need to investigate the door seals as I can't imagine there being a floor board issue. Really don't want to pull the carpet, but might have to. Need to look at the warranty too.
Any suggestions?

I fixed a leaky windscreen that manifested itself as wet passenger floor (and A-pillar)
http://www.japtoys.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3613&sid=893b75cd8e6403b51247bb8d879274fc&start=15#p71149

The other suspects would be the windshield seal and the air intake system. Not common issues with the Leaf but my two Civics both had seemingly incurable windshield leaks.

I would guess that that chief culprit when carpets are wet is the windshield leak....

Next in line to look is the firewall where the a/c comes in...

Since you have this problem, you MUST address it, and doing a DYI job will not do it...

I would first look under the dash to see what side of the highest point of the carpet is wet... You may need to peel off the carpet all around to see where the wet is coming from .

If it is in the back, then it could be a back window leaking... After you trace the highest point of wet, then have a glass guy change the windshield or other window. You would never be able to do this job yourself...

Back