EV Connect down?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltneu

I called Nissan EV customer support yesterday after a few days of not being able to communicate with the app to my car. Support person said they are doing maintenance and a new version coming out on the 21st of April. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Never received any notice
You said tonight they will be down, is you app working now?

I received several messages through the app about system maintenance to be performed on April 21, but have been receiving plug-in reminder and charge complete emails/texts without incident. I even received charge complete messages at 3:40 AM MST this morning.

GerryAZ said:
I received several messages through the app about system maintenance to be performed on April 21, but have been receiving plug-in reminder and charge complete emails/texts without incident. I even received charge complete messages at 3:40 AM MST this morning.

That's because the upgrade is tonight. I don't know why the OP has lost functionality now.

I have lost functionality on refreshing my initial screen to show charge level and today’s date but I think some of the other functions do work like lights and horn alert

Mine stopped working correctly on 4/15. functionality like starting climate control and downloading usage data still works, just the main screen charge status doesn’t refresh.

Baltneu said:
I have lost functionality on refreshing my initial screen to show charge level and today’s date but I think some of the other functions do work like lights and horn alert

I rarely use the status update, but just tried it twice. I received email messages both times which said status updated successfully, but the date and time on the main screen of the app did not change. Since charge level is 100% now and it was 100% the last time I used status update, I cannot tell if the app actually received the updates from the car. I know that it updated without incident on April 13. FWIW, the status update function in the Android app on my BlackBerry has always been really slow since I had to "upgrade" to EV Connect (now using V6.2.1)--worked fine with the old CarWings app until the Nissan servers stopped recognizing the old app. The other functions I use (primarily start/stop climate control) work quickly from the app. Except for an occasional server outage or telematics issue, the website has always worked relatively quickly (using Internet Explorer with Windows 7 or Edge in Windows 10).

My last screen update was April 12th, it keeps going back to same date, other functions work. I guess we will have to wait for their update after tonight

Sounds like we all have same problem, initial screen does not update but other functions do work

It has been down, but for some reason you can still retrieve car status with an app called "Leaf EVA".
I don't understand why the "standard" Nissan app won't work, but I assume whatever maintenance is being performed tonight will "fix" it.

Baltneu said:
For me the system is still down. I cannot refresh the initial page.

Same here; plus I didn't get my "charging stopped" text this morning (and haven't for several days).

Yes, I just tried an up-date and it only shows the last time I checked, April 15 @ 2:47 PM.
So guessing their up-date is still in progress or didn't work or I'm doing something wrong?

Lars36 said:
Yes, I just tried an up-date and it only shows the last time I checked, April 15 @ 2:47 PM.
So guessing their up-date is still in progress or didn't work or I'm doing something wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, seems we are all in the same boat waiting for their update to work.
My refresh has not worked since 4/12.

Tried to up-date my status on my lap-top and it works, my App still won't up-date my status. Must be something to do with the App on my phone I guess?

GerryAZ said:
I received several messages through the app about system maintenance to be performed on April 21
Yes. I got push alerts about this on both my iPhone and Android phones. Was supposed to take place 4/21 7 pm to 10 pm CST.
Lars36 said:
my App still won't up-date my status. Must be something to do with the App on my phone I guess?
Ditto for both my iPhone 8 and Pixel 3.

I can tap refresh and it takes its time but the charging level is way old and it says last updated Apr 10, 2019, 06:14 PM. I tried this several times today, to no avail.

I even got "Nissan LEAF update: Status Updated" emails (which I haven't been able to disable, their UI to disable doesn't work) earlier today. Now, on this latest update, I got "Nissan LEAF update: Vehicle Status Request Failed".

Still up-dates with lap-top but I deleted my App from phone and reinstalled it but now it says I'm using wrong P/W.
Tomorrow I will call Nissan and see if I can't get my App back up and running.

Lars36 said:
Still up-dates with lap-top but I deleted my App from phone and reinstalled it but now it says I'm using wrong P/W.
Tomorrow I will call Nissan and see if I can't get my App back up and running.

I don’t think it’s you, it’s a system wide problem
No one on the forum can do an update

Back