Gear Selection Delay - Normal Behavior...?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeachLeaf

Hi all, after starting my Leaf then shifting into gear, either forward or reverse, often times I only get neutral and have to shift into the desired gear again. I thought it might have something to do with the startup sound and it having to finish, yet after turning that off I'm still experiencing the issue.

I wondered if this was normal expected behavior?

Thanks,

Mark

I remember a lag like that in my Gen I Leaf. I found it annoying - until I just got into the habit of waiting that one full second between startup and selecting the "gear." I think it's just the car booting up and doing a self-check before providing power to the motor.

Thanks! Yes the lag is annoying.

I guess I should be using the time to put on my seatbelt instead of waiting until I am rolling to do so ;)

Mark

My '13 Leaf lets me put it in gear during the startup music and the music continues, my '12 stops the music mid-beat if I shift into gear while it's playing. I believe they both take the same time delay before you can actually put the car in gear.

Back