Snap, crackle, pop

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigatony

I’m getting some snap/pop sounds when I brake and accelerate in my 2018 Leaf. It’s almost like a motor mount or u joint noise. Any body else experience it.

Poorly lubricated front wheel hubs were an occasional occurrence on early cars. I would probably have those looked at first. Sound was more of a clunk when starting and stopping. Easily to replicate by moving off sharply and then immediately backing off the throttle (both would produce a clunk).

IIRC, improperly tightened/lubed front axles were also an issue in some previous Leafs. Get it checked while the possible resultant extra wear is minimal.

Rigatony said:
I’m getting some snap/pop sounds when I brake and accelerate in my 2018 Leaf. It’s almost like a motor mount or u joint noise. Any body else experience it.

Easy enough to try checking the torque on the lug nuts. Mine weren't exactly torqued to spec when I got the car.

nrvous said:
Rigatony said:

Easy enough to try checking the torque on the lug nuts. Mine weren't exactly torqued to spec when I got the car.

You were right, lug nuts we’re a little loose. No more noise.......this site is great!

Glad I could help. I always try the cheap fixes first LOL!

Rigatony said:
nrvous said:
Rigatony said:

You were right, lug nuts we’re a little loose. No more noise.......this site is great!

Back