2013 left rear turn signal broken

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justkelly

We had a big winter storm this weekend and my Leaf got hit with a falling branch. The left rear light assembly got it right on the turn signal, and now it won't function. I already picked up a replacement lamp but it doesn't work either. Can anyone suggest what else to look out before I haul it into the shop? All the other lights and signals are fine. Thanks.

There are some power distribution modules that have fuses hidden from view so it might have blown a small fuse if the falling branch causes a momentary short circuit. I believe the power distribution module that has fuses for lights on the left side of the car is mounted under the hood on the left front fender (fuses are on the bottom side so they are not visible without unlatching the module from its base and lifting it up). Another possibility is that the falling branch broke the ground side of the circuit. I suggest that you obtain the service manual for reference since the fuses in power distribution modules are not shown anywhere in the owner manual.

Back