Disabling the "accept" carwings screen at startup?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekEV

Just got my LEAF, and have a few questions. I couldn't find any threads already covering this, so... Is there any way to disable the "I Accept" screen that carwings presents every time you turn the car on? That's just annoying.

Thanks!

This is crazy! I've had my Leaf 5 days and already I'm annoyed that every time I start the car up I have to answer the same question. You'd think with all the memory chips in this car they could find one little tiny spot somewhere to store the fact that the first time I drove the car I said "OK."

Along the same lines, why doesn't the screen default to the screen you used before you turned the car off? This is like having a toaster that resets to zero every time and to make toast you have to actively set the darkness number each time. If they can make a toaster with a default setting why can't they make the Leaf do it. Please, someone, fix this!

My Toyota required it if I use the GPS. But my Volt does not require it, though it has a telematics system much like the Leaf's.

Probably not. I believe it uses the speed message off the can bus. The SOC gauge hardware won't be in a position to change that.

As long as we are turning this thread into a request list for Turbo's SOC device, could it please also allow the tire pressures to be displayed in PSI. The car only alarms if the tires are 6 PSI low which is too coarse.

Adrian said:
Any chance of including a fix allowing access to the navigation and radio while the car is moving?

If the factory Clarion deck is like other double DIN aftermarket decks one of those wires in the harness is a speed wire. Usually grounding that wire solves the issue. Does anyone have the pinouts for the factory stereo harnesses?

nader said:
Adrian said:
Any chance of including a fix allowing access to the navigation and radio while the car is moving?

If the factory Clarion deck is like other double DIN aftermarket decks one of those wires in the harness is a speed wire. Usually grounding that wire solves the issue. Does anyone have the pinouts for the factory stereo harnesses?

That speed is used for other functions like NAV accuracy.

On my wife's highlander I put a switch on the speed wire going to the GPS. It lets one enter addresses while on the go, but the GPS starts to get a little wacky when the car is moving and it doesn't get speed input. After a few minutes it finally decides "hey we really are moving" and locks out the controls anyways. But typically there is enough time to program in a destination before it cuts out again. And once the switch is flipped back the GPS will "snap back to proper position" in a short time.

Leaftera said:
This is like having a toaster that resets to zero every time and to make toast you have to actively set the darkness number each time.
Funny you should mention that, but my toaster does exactly that. It's a toaster oven, and you have to choose toast, then choose how dark every time. However, since even the lightest setting burns toast anyway, it hardly matters what you choose.

Back