CHANGED ABS TIRE SPEED SENSOR

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powersurge

I recently had a scary experience on my 2015. The car would pop out of cruise control at high way speeds, and would shudder at low speed and coming to a stop.

My dashboard lit up like crazy with the antilock, yellow triangle, and traction control lights on. scary because the car would make scraping and crunching noises! I thought the transmission was dying..

My Leafspy gave DTC errors of c1108 (left front) abs sensor and the control module error.

Got a cheap new ABS sensor cable, and changed the LEFT front sensor..... ALL FIXED! Now the car purrs like a kitten.

Anyone with questions about dashboard errors and sensor installation, please leave questions...

Where did you get the new sensor from? Rock Auto shows sensors for Versa for $14, but nothing for Leaf; eBay shows a bunch for $150 or so, and then one for $30, one for $40 etc. I guess not too many people change these out, so there aren't a lot for sale. It would help to know which ones work.

I checked with my friendly Nissan dealers in my area, and they wanted $220. NOT FOR ME.. I managed to find it on Amazon for $35/ each. They gave a deal of 2 for $50. So now I have an extra..

PART # 479103NA0A ( THE "0" AT THE END IS A "ZERO")

I still cannot believe that this sensor crapped out. I have been driving for 45 years and never had a speed sensor go on any car..

Given the words in your OP, sounds like you should be filing a safety complaint w/NHTSA at https://www.safercar.gov/.

I don't think I've owned or leased a car with ABS until model year 2002. AFAIK, all cars I had before that had no ABS and I guess wouldn't have had an equivalent wheel speed sensor.

Back