Buzzing/whirring/electrical-line noise inside cabin

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forerunner117

Hello folks!

I just purchased my 2018 Leaf SL (w/ tech package) in September. Since day one I have noticed that I can hear a buzzing sound coming from the dash when I switch on the power. It's that kind of high pitch static-y noise you sometimes hear from an electrical line or a power strip with a few too many devices plugged into it. It is always present, whether the car just has cabin power switched on, full motor power, is plugged in or is in motion. With such a quiet interior it's a bummer to have the silence punctuated by this headache-inducing buzz.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and are others hearing the same thing in their 2018's?

Thanks!

I'm not but hearing is all over the map in terms what all of us can hear & what frequencies tend to be amplified.

Have you tried sitting in another new SL & see if a different exhibits the same noise?

I haven't been in another leaf since purchasing mine, but that's a good idea. I'll try to swing by my dealership again and see if any others exhibit the same noise.

It does not happen on mine.

Sounds like the buzzing noise the Leaf makes when you're driving with the electronic parking brake ON. Is this your case?

Another cause could be from a cellphone or other electronic device inside the car creating interference/buzzing noise from the audio system speakers.

Back