2018 Leaf reads all information from an incoming text

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pudge

Hi All
I searched for this topic but no luck. Here's the thing. When I tell the leaf to read a new text, it reads everything: month, day, year, hour, minute, second, and the names of all the people on the text before it finally reads the text. My wife's Rogue reads only the name of the sender and the text. Any ideas how to fix that?
I'm using a Samsung S6, in case that's part of the problem....
Thanks
Pudge

It may be due your phone's text-to-speech app settings.
I checked my wife's old S6 phone. It's no longer activated, but I can view the settings. Try changing the Text-to-Speech setting to use the Google text-to-speech, instead of the default Samsung text-to-speech, to see if that works.

After reading your post yesterday, I checked the text reading feature on my 2018 Leaf S today. On my car, the system only reads the text sender's name and message; I don't even get a date or time read. I have a OnePlus 3 connected to the car via Bluetooth.

Hi Henrydehoja

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, but it didn't work. I also updated my Samsung text-to-speech, and that didn't work either.

I tried reading a text with android auto and it worked perfectly (just read the name of the sender and the text).

Thanks again for the suggestion. Much appreciated! I'll wait to see if there's another suggestion.
Pudge

No problem.

The only other things I can think of are:

1. What Leaf trim model do you have? I have the basic Leaf S. If you have the trims with Navigation, then maybe the system works differently.

2. Does it read date/time for all texts, or just some of them?
I noticed that our 2018 Honda Odyssey reads the date/time and telephone numbers for group (MMS) texts, but not for solo (one-on-one) texts.

Good luck!

Thanks again. Just to close the loop, this is a 2018 SL, and the the name, date/time are read for both solo and group texts. If i find a fix, I'll be sure to post. :)

2018 SV android phone. Same problem AND I sometimes get old texts from a couple years ago...Really annoying

Well, as of a few weeks ago the text-reading function started working properly. Now it reads only the name of the sender, the date (month, day, year) and the text. I'm thinking Nissan must have done something remotely.

Back