Trip meters resetting sporadically

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notacop

Every once in a while I will get in my 2016 Leaf SL and the trip meters will be reset to zero. All of them. Also the 12/24 hr mode on the dash clock resets to 24 hours. This is very frustrating if you are trying to track mileage for a trip and all of a sudden both A and B trip meters are now zero.

It has happened 3 times in the last week or two. Last night when it happened I had just finished driving roughly 25 miles. Still had about a 50% SOC when I shut off and ran into a store for about 10 minutes. When I came out car started up fine and everything functioned correctly but all of the dashboard stats were reset.

Any idea what is causing this?

I will do that. However the last fault was not after sitting, it was after 30 minutes of driving then only being parked 5-10 minutes. If the 12v battery is going bad that fast I would expect every morning to have problems.

Just realized I hadn't posted an update here.

Cwerdna, you were both right and wrong. It was an issue with the 12v system but the battery was fine. The ground cable was extremely loose and would intermittently lose connection.

How did you fix that? I have been having this issue at car startup now. Three times in the last 5 days or so.

Clock resets, trips reset, seems like other display settings are changing as well. Thanks!

Back