Security Indicator Light On, Car Does Not Start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soviet

I walked into the garage to run a quick errand in one of the ICE cars when I noticed the Leaf was not charging this morning when it was supposed to be. Something's off, my spidey senses tell me. I get in the car and the security indicator light (red warning light with a key inside) is lit up steadily, not blinking. I try to start the car and it does not start. Try again a few minutes later and the same thing. What do you guys think could be the issue?

I may be wrong, but I think you might get the Key alert if someone tries locking the car with a key inside?

I'd start by hooking a battery charger to the 12v battery and getting it up to 100%.

Now nothing is happening. No warning light, no sound, nothing. I'll try to hook up the battery charger to the 12V battery and see what occurs. Wish me luck!

If that doesn't work, should I just change the battery out myself? Is that relatively easy to do on the Leaf, as easy as on ICE cars?

Back