2018 Leaf SV - Error SERVICE EV - No Power

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjcool

Hi All,

Anyone familiar with the above problem?

Battery is charged but everytime I turn it on O get the message.

Also at 1 point my navigation screens keeps turning on and off.

I will call the dealer tomorrow to find out what's happening.

What a disappointment though, got this car June of this year and already have a problem. This is the first time for me having an issue with any of the cars I owned.

rjcool said:
Hi All,

Anyone familiar with the above problem?

Battery is charged but everytime I turn it on O get the message.

Also at 1 point my navigation screens keeps turning on and off.

I will call the dealer tomorrow to find out what's happening.

What a disappointment though, got this car June of this year and already have a problem. This is the first time for me having an issue with any of the cars I owned.

While you're certainly under warranty and can just have the dealership try to resolve it, if you want help, we really will need the error codes from LeafSpy to diagnose. There's a lot of reasons the car can throw that error, and without more detailed error codes it's going to be hard to help.

Given the newness of the car, it's unlikely the 12V battery has gone bad, which is one of the first things to check on Leafs, especially if you left the car plugged into the charger but not charging for days. Note: The 12V discharging while plugged in but not charging might have been solved in later MY's. I read someone with a 2014 doesn't have that issue.

If I were in your situation, I would:
1) Put a charger on the 12v battery to check if it's low and top off the voltage
2) Use LeafSpy to get the DTC codes and screenshot them
3) See if the error re-occurs.
4) Take the car to the dealer OR try resetting the DTC codes and see if they return

Hope you solve the underlying problem!

Sorry, I almost forgot to update this.
I called roadside assistance Wednesday morning to get it towed. The towing guy tried jump starting it and didn't work. We can't put it to neutral so he had to connect the jumper cables still while doing so (car was inside the garage and needs to be moved to the drive way to be towed).
Goa call Thursday morning advising me it's fixed and ready for picked up. They replaced the 12 volt battery as there was a dead cell.

I will try installing leafspy soon. Nissan Connect doesn't seem to work properly on mine. Thanks.

rjcool said:
Sorry, I almost forgot to update this.
I called roadside assistance Wednesday morning to get it towed. The towing guy tried jump starting it and didn't work. We can't put it to neutral so he had to connect the jumper cables still while doing so (car was inside the garage and needs to be moved to the drive way to be towed).
Goa call Thursday morning advising me it's fixed and ready for picked up. They replaced the 12 volt battery as there was a dead cell.

I will try installing leafspy soon. Nissan Connect doesn't seem to work properly on mine. Thanks.

Sometimes I think I should just write a bot that replies to every post in this forum with "your 12v battery is bad." I bet it'd be right 90% of the time. ;)

Back