Junctionbox and updates

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitharodos

Hello,
I own a Nissan LEAF 2011 in Norway which was imported from Belgium in 2013.
Here in Norway the case Im going to describe used to be very common back in 2012, according to the official EV authority, there were at least 30 cars who had the same problem as me.
The problem is that when u had to preheat the car using the application from the mobile, and if the car was not connected to charging at the same time, plus there was a very low temperature outside (below 5 degrees C) there was a huge possibility the so called "Junctionbox" whis is actually a heater at the batterypack, would get burned. In some of these cases that would also burn a fuse at the DC/DC inverter.
Back in that time it was Nissan who took the responsibility under the 5 years standard guarantee that you had and would replace that junctionbox or eventually the whole DC/DC inverter for free.
After some time, a lot of people in Norway said that Nissan came with a "recall campaign" and a software update that would reprogram the car so it wouldnt let the junctionbox to get burned.

Now in my case, I have experienced this with my car and the difference is that is is a car that had not a lot of kilometers driven until 2016 that I bought it, the year that the guarantee would go over.
So I had to pay myself for the repair which was about 1800 UK pounds.
I searched about my case in the Norwegian forums and found out that I was not alone, it was actually a famous case that many Norwegian had experienced. Therefore I had to complain at the Norwegian authority of Customer Agency that the dealer who sold the car had not installed the updates that Nissan had announced some years ago. This would be a FREE process for the unofficial cardealer who was very inresponsible since he is a big dealer of LEAFs and is still selling a lot of them everyday,.
After discussions we had with the Agency about my case, Im trying to find out some more specific proof that those updates that my car didnt get, could actually fix the problem so it wouldnt happen again.
I downloaded all the bulletins that Nissan has announced but none of them show specific information about my case and how this is fixed or could be avoided. See here 2011 Nissan Leaf Sedan Service Recalls/Campaigns - Nissanhelp.com

This is a case that only 2010-2012 models would have. The problem was solved after 2013. The difference is that my car was not used so much until was soldt to me and the problem happened unfortunately at a time the warranty was over

Im trying my luck now in another forum to hear from any advice or experiences you had that would lead me into proof that I could use for the Norwegian customer agency.

Back