2018 Nissan Leaf - Distance Sensor Malfunction

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyb

Hi All,
I have a 2018 Nissan Leaf SL with about 6,500 miles. A few months ago I received an alert that the collision avoidance system was malfunctioning. I took the car in and they replaced the "Radar Sending Unit" as described by my maintenance advisor. Unfortunately, after several weeks of driving the alert came back on. In each instance, the car rightly disabled adaptive cruise control.

The car has been at the Nissan dealer for several days and they are still trying to determine what the problem is. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so, how was it resolved. What happens if this problem happens again? In Georgia, there is a lemon law that might provide some recourse, but I"m hoping to not have to go down that road. The vehicle is leased so I definitely think that it is in their best interest to get this issue resolved. On a side note, I also noticed that the Google Search no longer works. When I'm in the Navigation module and select the option to search Google for a location I received the following error, "The connection to the center failed (802)." Of course, the dealership is aware and they are also trying to figure this issue out.

Outside of these issues, I have REALLY loved driving this car. I've driven a Lexus ES350, Audi Q5....but believe it or not....the Nissan Leaf has been an absolute joy to drive.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tony, I wish you luck dude. I'm also in Georgia and I have exactly the same problem. It's been 56 days, 4 radar units, 1 bracket, 1 adas unit, countless manhours to test wiring harness and the problem still reoccurs. Sometimes we can drive the car for 3 or 4 days no problem and then it will hit 3 times in a row.
I've been talking with Nissan EV Support (a division of Nissan Consumer Affars) who haven't been able to help the problem at all but have offered to start the "buy back process" to get me a refund for the car (their equivalent of handling lemon laws.). Call them at (877) 664-2738.

Then I found this:
https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit...ion-lawsuit-alleges-emergency-braking-defect/

If you do a bit of Google you'll find that Nissan has been having a front radar unit "problem" since 2012.

I've also found out that the position of Nissan Factory Service Representative for Georgia is open - ie when you Dealer wants help solving a problem, the person they call isn't there. They have a rep on loan from the Carolinas but I assume he's handling multiple states now. And nothing he has suggested has worked anyway.

If they fix yours, private message me and tell me what they did. I'll do the same. But I decided today, after 3 new errors, that I'm going for a buyback. I'm done.

Back