Unwanted announcement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWT

I apologise if this has been asked one hundred times before but I cannot find it in the forum.

How do I stop the annoying announcement that I keep getting telling me how well (or not!) I have been driving

It is distracting as I have to keep reaching across the car to turn it off

Thanks
CWT

Might help to post what kind of car you have. I don't hear this announcement either so it would appear you are hearing it because you have not turned it off.

The car is a Leaf Tekna 30kw Nov 2017. I haven't turned it off because I can find no way to do so. If I could, I could travel in peace!!

CWT said:
The car is a Leaf Tekna 30kw Nov 2017. I haven't turned it off because I can find no way to do so. If I could, I could travel in peace!!

Ahh European! Yeah, can't really help you. I would peruse your settings options. I am afraid us Americans simply don't have the option. Poor us! ;)

CWT said:
Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not "kw".

MNL is a US-centric site and unfortunately, I have no '17 Leaf. Nav system UI changed a bunch starting around model year '15, I think.

Maybe there's a setting relating to information feeds? I think I disabled all that to try to mitigate my car hitting the yellow ! car and throwing a P3131 DTC. On my '13, there was a setting under Menu > Carwings Settings > Information Feed Setting, where you can edit the list and change download settings. Before disabling, my car would announce something along the lines of my efficiency and compared to other drivers in my region, my (efficiency of) driving was average, good, etc. To reach gold or whatever, I'd need to be above ___ miles/kWh.

DaveinOlyWA said:
CWT said:

Ahh European! Yeah, can't really help you. I would peruse your settings options. I am afraid us Americans simply don't have the option. Poor us! ;)

I get those in my car. It started a few months ago (maybe longer). I have not tried to turn it off. I believe it is one of the information feeds.

baustin said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
CWT said:

I get those in my car. It started a few months ago (maybe longer). I have not tried to turn it off. I believe it is one of the information feeds.
I think its the new replacement for the "nag" screen as I have been blessed with the same announcements myself :roll:

Thanks for the lead. This leaf does not have carwings (my previous one did) but I found under the information settings a line to "turn off all warnings" but this still left further lines to allow warnings on battery level etc which I left switched on. So far , "turn off all warnings" seems to have done the trick without any other problems. I will persevere

CWT

Back