Center display "night mode" stopped working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koborn

2017 30Kwh Leaf with auto-headlights. I previously had a 2015 24Kwh with the same spec.

Normally, the center display, when in "Nav" mode, switches to night mode (black background) when the lights are on - auto or manual light selection.

As of a couple of days ago it's stopped doing this, now it just dims a bit. There's nothing in the manual or the settings menu that mentions this.

Any ideas?

Yes, that works, but just switches it between modes. Doesn't restore the automatic switching when the lights come on.

Setting "day" mode while headlights are on, overrides the headlight-switching. This was probably done inadvertently.
Turn on the headlights and then press the "day/night" button to put the screen into night mode. The display should then react properly to the headlights.

Thanks, that was nearly the solution but you put me on the right track.

The physical day/night button only swapped between bright and dim white with the lights on. Left it on dim white.

In Settings > Display > Background Color, with the lights on it was in "dim white", background color setting showing as "White". Select "Black" and it changed to black, and now working normally.

Silly thing, just the sort of problem that doesn't get documented (I work in software and documenting "unhappy paths" is essentially impossible, there are so many).

koborn said:
Thanks, that was nearly the solution but you put me on the right track.

The physical day/night button only swapped between bright and dim white with the lights on. Left it on dim white.

In Settings > Display > Background Color, with the lights on it was in "dim white", background color setting showing as "White". Select "Black" and it changed to black, and now working normally.

Silly thing, just the sort of problem that doesn't get documented (I work in software and documenting "unhappy paths" is essentially impossible, there are so many).

I know what you mean. I made a career out of preventing and/or cleaning up the wreckage from unhappy paths. Which is why I'm not quite as enthusiastic about autonomous cars as some folks. ;)

Back