Could brake servicing ever impact your regenerative braking?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCorning

Hi all!
New to the forum and to Leaf ownership.
I purchased a 2013 Leaf recently and drove it home to NS from QC.
In the 1500km I drove it I came to really dial in how the regenerative braking works and feels both between D and R, at different speeds, and at different braking rates.
I also find the energy usage screen on the dashboard the most enjoyable to keep an eye on so ive come to expect it to show upwards of 30kW if I'm in B and slowing at a moderately strong pace from say 70kph.

So I get it safetied, the auto shop said it needed brake servicing because the left rotor looked worn, and now it doesn't appear to be dipping near as much into the +kW.
I tested by bringing it up to 90kph and braking at different rates and it seems to hover around 10kW of regenerative braking up to 15 infrequently and 20kW at best momentarily.

I could be wrong though but it seems uncanny that I notice a change to regen braking after a shop worked on the brakes.

Is it possible that the work they did affected how the car balances regen braking and friction braking?
Any insight anyone has would be nice.
Thanks!
DC

I wouldn't think so but they may have applied an update to the vehicle control unit; I know there was one for earlier LEAFs that did seem to affect regen rates.

Back